Випуск журналу: №6 2017р.
The impact of natural and geographical factors on the environmental security formation is an essential point to study and understand the common goals of the Maghreb countries in a sub-regional organization.Located in North Africa, the Maghreb region is the transiting zone between Africa and Europe; it has the most coveted natural resources in the world and a very frequent maritime border. However, the region is unstable due to the nature and geography of its environment.The research question is analyzing the impact of the natural and geographic factors that have influenced the environmental security formation in the Maghreb countries.
Key words: environmental security, climate change, desertication process, drought, the Maghreb region, evaporation, degradation.
Resources and Literature
- Alain Bourbouze. Pastoralism in the Maghreb: The Silent Revolution / Alain Bourbouze // Pastoralism in the Maghreb: the Silent Revolution, the Maghrebin context and natural resources. – 2000. – P. 12–
- TahiTabet-Aoul. Development and Environment in the Maghreb: constraints and challenges / Tabet-AoulTahi. – Quebec Canada, 2012. – P. 17–
- Mustapha Faty. Security and Stability policy of Maghreb / Mustapha Faty // Doctoral thesis at the University De Reims Champagne-Ardenne. – 2016. – 147
- V’’Session of the Presidential Council of the Arab Maghreb Union [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access : maghrebarabe.og/
- Degradation of Natural Resources in the Maghreb and Response Strategy [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access : http://maghreb-clim-env.jimdo.com